Bar & Cellar Management
WEIGHTS AND MEASURES.
This is the law regarding the measures you
serve to your customers.
The Weights and Measures Act 1988 states
· Draught beers, lagers and ciders should be
sold in 1/3 pint, ˝ pint, multiples of ˝ pint measures. Although most
people (if any) don’t serve 1/3 of a pint.
· Glasses must be government stamped.
· The head on a draught beer, lager or cider
served in a ‘brim measure’ glass should not be more than 5%.
· Whisky, gin, rum and vodka must be served
in measures of 25ml or 35ml and multiples of, and the quantity you serve
these drinks in must be displayed in a notice on the premises.
· You cannot mix the sizes of the above.
· Wine must be served in measures of 125ml
or 175ml and multiples of and the quantity you serve these drinks in
must be displayed in a notice on the premises.
You can also download all of the training
covered on the website as a free pdf by clicking on the link below:
MANAGEMENT TRAINING PDF