🔥 Popular Free Downloads
All of our staff training manuals in one handy download!
A totally customisable free staff handbook download.
Keep on top of your expenses with our free profit and loss calculator.
🔥 Popular Pages
⭐ Popular Resources
SWOT Analysis explained in detail accompanied by a free download.
The place to download all of our free forms, templates & guides.
Download our free template or use our online cash flow calculator.
Simple and free online bar and cellar management training.
The Bar Tariff
Written by The Restaurant Doctor UK Team
Last Updated: 29th October 2023
There are a few things that you need to know about your bar tariff. They are generally covered by legislation and you can get into trouble if you do not comply with them.
1. Your bar tariff should be displayed where your customers can see and read it.
2. You should list the items you sell in their particular type i.e. whiskies, rum, gins, vodkas, brandies, mixers, wines, soft drinks etc.
3. The price, including VAT, should be clearly marked next to the item.
4. The relevant ABV should be included next to the item.
5. The measure you are serving of the item should be listed.
Layout of your bar tariff.
Below is an example of how the information for your whiskies should be displayed on you bar tariff:
|Item||ABV||Measured in multiples of||
*Or 35ml depending upon which you use.
This same information should be included for each item you sell.
You may also like...
Looking to borrow money or wanting to apply for a credit card, mortgage, overdraft, business loan or even car insurance for your restaurant? This article covers the areas you need to consider when applying for finance, borrowing money and applying for credit for your business. Looking after your money is important, especially money you borrow.