🔥 Popular Free Downloads
All of our staff training manuals in one handy download!
A totally customisable free staff handbook download.
Keep on top of your expenses with our free profit and loss calculator.
🔥 Popular Pages
⭐ Popular Resources
SWOT Analysis explained in detail accompanied by a free download.
The place to download all of our free forms, templates & guides.
Download our free template or use our online cash flow calculator.
Simple and free online bar and cellar management training.
Training Your Staff
Written by The Restaurant Doctor UK Team
Last Updated: 29th October 2023
Properly trained staff are crucial for a successful and efficient bar. Well-trained staff can ensure customers receive quality service, maintain a clean and safe environment, and manage inventory. Here are some key areas to focus on when training your bar staff.
- Bar Cleanliness: Train your staff on how to maintain a clean and hygienic bar. This includes cleaning and sanitising bar equipment, glassware, and utensils, as well as properly disposing of waste and cleaning spills.
- Serving Drinks Correctly: Teach your staff how to serve drinks correctly, including using the appropriate glassware, measuring spirits correctly, and adding the appropriate mixers and garnishes. They should also know how to deal with customer requests for modifications to their drinks.
- Handling Difficult Customers: Provide your staff with strategies for dealing with difficult customers. This includes how to listen actively, communicate effectively, and resolve conflicts peacefully.
- Serving Restrictions: Educate your staff on laws regarding the serving of alcohol, including the minimum legal age for purchasing and consuming alcohol and any other relevant regulations.
- Weights and Measures: Train your staff on how to measure spirits correctly and ensure they are not over-serving customers. They should also know how to properly use measuring devices and scales.
- Cellar Cleanliness: Instruct your staff on how to properly clean and maintain the cellar. This includes checking inventory, rotating stock, and ensuring proper storage of supplies.
- Changing Kegs, Gas and Post Mix: Train your staff on how to properly change kegs, gas cylinders, and post mix, as well as how to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Conclusion: By investing in the training of your bar staff, you can ensure a successful and efficient operation. By focusing on the areas outlined above, you can provide your staff with the knowledge and skills they need to excel in their roles.
You may also like...
Looking to borrow money or wanting to apply for a credit card, mortgage, overdraft, business loan or even car insurance for your restaurant? This article covers the areas you need to consider when applying for finance, borrowing money and applying for credit for your business. Looking after your money is important, especially money you borrow.